NOTE: Applications will only be processed when college is in session.
Dreamkeepers provides assistance to students at risk of dropping out of college due to unexpected financial emergencies. Dreamkeepers assistance was created to help students stay in college and meet their educational goals, ultimately, securing a better financial future.
Note: If you do not meet one or more of the eligibility requirements below, please contact the Dreamkeepers College Administrator via the contact information at the bottom of this page to discuss your situation.
- You must meet all of the following Eligibility requirements. Exceptions are not made for those who do not meet the requirements.
- Be enrolled in a minimum of 6 units at Grossmont College
- Demonstrate satisfactory academic progress by maintaining a minimum overall 2.0 GPA for all completed college coursework
- Be seeking a declared certificate, degree or transfer objective
- Be able to document an extreme personal/financial emergency (emergencies usually consist of unusual expenses that are non-recurring)
- Complete and Submit the Dreamkeepers Budget Planning Worksheet (Worksheets can uploaded to the online application or turned into the Financial Aid Office)
- Statement of Need: This is the heart of your grant request…you must clearly state your need, in terms of why you need Dreamkeepers funds (and the amounts you are requesting) and also how you will take steps to ensure this type of financial emergency can be addressed in the future without Dreamkeepers assistance
- You must be able to document need for all expenses:
- Utility bills must be past due
- For rent requests the student must provide an eviction notice or a 3 day or quit notice.
- For food and gas request (the statement of need and budget planning worksheet will be used as the supporting documentations)
Eligible Expenses are limited. Some Examples of Eligible and Non-Eligible Expenses follow. Dreamkeepers also does not provide reimbursements for bills that have already been paid.
|If you are unsure if your emergency need is an eligible expense, please contact the Scholarship Office at (619) 644-7136.|
Interested students must complete the online application and attach supporting documents and budget planning worksheet. Students have 48 hours to submit their supporting documentation and budget planning worksheet from the time the online application was submitted. If supporting documents and the budget planning worksheet is not received within 48 hours application will automatically be denied. Incomplete applications will not be evaluated. After submitting an application, student may be called to undergo a short interview to determine eligibility. Students will be notified by email of their award status. If you are approved for the grant, funds will be available for pick-up in the Cashier Office within 48 hours.
The maximum grant should not exceed $500/semester. Students are only eligible to receive a grant once per semester. Lifetime: maximum of award cannot exceed $1,500/student.
I have read, understand and agree to all the conditions and requirements of an applicant for the Grossmont College Dreamkeepers Emergency Financial Assistance Grant and wish to proceed to the Online Application.
If you have any trouble with completing the Dreamkeepers application, you have the option to meet with the Scholarship Specialist or the Scholarship Assistant for technical assistance. Please see the Scholarship Office located within Financial Aid if you need assistance.